By N. Mottahedeh
This edited quantity of in particular commissioned essays written for the anniversary of `Abdu'l-Baha's trip to the USA tells the tale of this former prisoner's interactions with the white higher echelon of yank society in addition to his influence at the lives and writings of significant early figures within the African-American civil rights flow.
Read Online or Download ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey West: The Course of Human Solidarity PDF
Similar other religions books
The Deities Are Many is a full of life and realized advent to polytheism. Drawing from either his scholarly learn and his own adventure, writer Jordan Paper is the proper advisor into this milieu. Paper was once attracted to polytheism via his love of nature, seeing it as a resource of the divine. during this booklet he makes a speciality of chinese language and local American non secular traditions, in addition to West African, African-Brazilian, Hindu, Polynesian, and circum-Polar traditions, to explain the theology of polytheism.
Dianetics: the unique Thesis L. Ron Hubbard's first description of Dianetics. initially circulated in manuscript shape, it used to be quickly copied and handed from hand handy. resulting notice of mouth created such call for for additional info, Ron concluded the single solution to solution the inquiries used to be with a publication.
This publication brings jointly lecturers, criminal practitioners and activists with a variety of pro-choice, pro-life and different perspectives to discover the probabilities for cultural, philosophical, ethical and political universal floor at the matters of abortion and reproductive justice extra quite often. It goals to reconsider polarized positions on sexuality, morality, faith and legislation, in terms of abortion, as a fashion of laying the basis for efficient and collaborative discussion.
- 2000 Years and Beyond: Faith, Identity and the Common Era (2002)
- Freemasonry's Cult Abuses: Human and Gay Rights Controversy
- Reasoning Together: A Conversation on Homosexuality
- Lords of chaos : the bloody rise of the satanic metal underground
Extra info for ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Journey West: The Course of Human Solidarity
146 In 1938, at the onset of the World War II, she was the convener of the Peace and Arbitration committee of the International Council of Women. In a letter to the committee members, she emphasized the importance of their work and quoted the prime minister of Great Britain, Neville Chamberlain: “Peace is not won by being content merely to remain with folded arms. ”147 As Nader Saiedi emphasizes in his chapter in this book, her activities reflected significantly on `Abdu’l-Bahá’s own position on war and peace.
25. Afroukhteh, Memories, 316. 26. Kling, Alice Pike Barney, 169. 27. Afroukhteh, Memories, 314. 28. Laura Barney letter to her mother, dated July 4, from Tehran, Iran, from Laura Clifford Dreyfus-Barney Collection at the National Bahá’í Archives of the United States, Evanston, IL, United States. Also Usku’i, Tarikh Adharbayjan—Mss A, Part 1, Section 4, 85–86. Hippolyte Dreyfus adopted the last name of Dreyfus-Barney after her marriage to Laura Barney. The two names will be used interchangeably.
134. Ibid. 135. Mavaddat, “`Abdu’l-Bahá en France,” 11. 136. Balyuzi, `Abdu’l-Bahá, 433. 137. Afroukhteh, Memories, 344. 138. Ibid. 139. Ugo R. Giachery, “Laura Clifford Dreyfus-Barney,” in La Pensée Bahá’íe, 56 (June 1976) (Berne:The National Assembly of the Bahá’ís of Switzerland), 24. 140. Khademi, “A Glimpse into the Life of Laura Dreyfus-Barney,” 95–96. 38 MONA KHADEMI 141. “A tribute to Laura Dreyfus-Barney,” The American Bahá’í (Wilmette, IL: National Assembly of the Bahá’í s of the United States, January 1989), 5; and “Laura Clifford Dreyfus-Barney,” in Memoriam, The Bahá’í World, vol.